About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

states

states of mind...
I've travelled miles, today
from pre-historical Greece (or almost there) to metaphysical improvised performance art with other clowns.

Clown.  I still don't know if I like the word or not.  It evokes so much, it evokes the flux/the wave of moods and thoughts and impulses of all sorts.  Clowning for me is about unlearning.. as if I could unlearn to the point of meeting an enlightened, pure mind...
Does this pure mind even belong to one person?  Can I call it mine when it has opened up the ego?

Some of this last weeks' emerging truths:
This dichotomy of doing and being, which obsesses me because I can't seem to be able to just be... or rather because I notice that my happiness and my sense of security and relaxation are directly connected to whether or not I feel that I'm doing something; that I'm being "productive".
What is that about?
Well perhaps it's fundamental, or essential, for mankind to find meaning in its work?  Isn't it true that work could be sacred?  I think of the Bible again.. could we have mistakenly misinterpreted that part too?

I feel free when I think.  I am indeed a free-thinker?  Or so I like to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment