About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Miroir Flashmob in Montréal!! Exeko..

I mentioned Exeko in a recent post.  Exeko is a wonderful non-profit organization based in Montréal, which I actually heard about a few years ago, back when I lived in San Francisco. Mi amiga Lara is a good friend of the co-founder, and she often told me about how amazing a project it is.


''Canadian Food''
On the door, a note: ''We are retiring.  Thank you
to all our customers duing all these years.''
(paraphrased)
So you can imagine how much I flipped out when I found out they had a job opening.  
I read the job description for a ''chargée des communications'' position, and I decided I would apply regardless of the fact that I don't have the exact qualifications.  I knew I could do it; I would learn the ropes quickly.  I write, I communicate, I relate, I create... I can learn the rest. 
I could learn the specifics of it, the right formats and the rules of the communiqué, the press conference, the bulletin... I could deepen my mastery of social medias, depict a good image of the organization.  I could do it.
I crafted several drafts of that damn cover letter... trying to convey... how much I have to work with them.  
I hoped I could show how motivated (I don't like this word, actually.  It sounds euphemistic to me) and competent I am... so I can at least get through to the next level of ''the game'' and get that prized interview.. 


And ... I got a call!


Turns out there is actually no opening for the comm. position (?!) , but I was invited to meet the famous Nadia next week.  She said we should talk about other opportunities they might have  for me!


The Dragonfly is a symbol of Transformation...





I will not say more for now, because I don't know much more that than.  Like we say in French: ''you can't sell the skin of the bear before you kill the bear.'' 


What I know, is that their motto is:
Inclusion through innovation in culture and education  
Yeah, that could mean anything.  But in this case it means something very special.  It means a visionary team working for ''the empowerment and social inclusion of underprivileged (and marginalized) populations, i.e. in jails, in indigenous communities, with intellectually disabled (I'm not fond of this word either) people, homeless people, etc.

I am meant for this job.  I feel like I've wanted to do this since I was twelve years old.  Inclusion through innovation in culture and education... 


Now.  People of Montréal, check this out:

On Saturday the 25th, Exeko takes advantage of Montréal en Lumière and of La Nuits Blanche to create A FLASHMOB downtown and throw some light on the issue of Inclusion. 

So... Come and be part of a most creative and poetic gesture for social change:
Exeko - le blog officiel: Flashmob Midi2 Montréal : confirmation de l'heure ...: Une foule éclair pour une bonne cause? Rejoignez tout de suite le mouvement et participez à un Flashmob pour l’inclusion! Rendez-vous...


----

Montréal is a hot bed of activism!

Guerilla Theater on VDay
 -not veterans Day, rather an opposite-

The M.O.U.S.T.A.C.H.E collective offers a spontaneous course
on feminine sexual pleasure for the occasion of
Valentine's Day.



Oh!  Magda is delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment