About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Space for Light

Tuesday afternoon.  I biked all the way to Concordia to get some arts supply.  I then ate a free vegan wrap, offered by The People's Potatoe, Concordia's food cooperative. 
Infiltrated the student movement for an hour, met some CÉGEP students who were hanging out with the undergraduate students (We go to CÉGEP between high school and University, so we're between 16 and 19, on average.)

Came home and gathered my tools: box cutter, paper, pencil, ruler, cutting mat, and tape.  I moved some furniture around to be able to lay out my canvas on the floor, and then, I understood:
I am a space creator.  But I'm also potentially... a space dominator!

Living in a coop house one's gotta constantly face these things.  Keeping yourself and others in check is very important.  Communication is a necessity.
Spontaneous communal meals are the best!  And so are crafts nights, morning meditations, friday afternoon music jams, bike repair days, and planting parties.  I have brought myself to what I wanted: living in a coop.

It's not the countryside yet, but it's something else.  Urban life is another game.  We are learning urban agriculture, making art out of recycled and found materials.  My roommates, a majority of geography students, are deeply involved in the student movement at Concordia.  Ideas fuse and fertilize the air...

It's not the cleanest around here.  There are between six and eight people living here and as much as I'd like shiny sinks and spotless floors, it is something I have no control over.  I'm taking responsibility for my needs and desires.  I'm learning to communicate in order to avoid resentment.  We are all learning together.

Both and neither leaders and nor followers.
Together.

I am adjusting to my new life... new city, new reality... still unfolding gently...
That's why I'm needing to stay a bit more silent and write less.
All these magical occurrences will thus remain unrecorded.  Letting them go...
with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment