About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Friday, April 13, 2012

it's been a while



Silently transforming, from within. That poetic chysalis ;)
yes, it's part of punctuation now
a new kind of emotions
I feel, with emoticons.

Today I woke up and had breakfast while chatting with my ''coloc''.   Morning talks, about fruits and about cheese... and about the art of living together.  She is European, so I get to feel a little bit like I did while I lived on Dunckerstrasse, in Berlin.

I packed my bag and went outside
The Spring sunshine, that light.  
''San Francisco doesn't have this light,'' I thought. 
 ''If I was a poet I'd write a verse about it.''
That light.
Montréal City.

We're in the midst of revolution
students asking the right questions

Student marches happening every day now

It's about tuition fees... but it's about much more than that.
Uranus squares Pluto this year, it was conjunct in the 1960s.  Last square was 1930s.
And crises are crossroads.

Political scandals, financial insecurities, weather changes, postmodern philosophies...
Hundreds of thousands of people marches.  The government remains deaf.

So it's legitimate to ask: What's the state about again?  What's our definition of democracy?
What are the choices we want to make as a society?  And who is making them?
What are the choices we want to make, as a community?
We living together, brothers and sisters from all over,
Africans, Latinos, Chinese, Portuguese, Italians, Anglos, Francos,
we come from everywhere
onto this island
old Hochelaga
in the middle of the St-Laurent.

A religious utopian colony
A port of traders, and dreamers, and hardcore survivors.

What drove Maisonneuve and Jeanne-Mance to settle here, really?
Je me souviens: they were missionaries.

We are all colonizers.

Today I came back home from a bike ride and a walk on rue Saint-Laurent.  Shopping for props, and for thrills, in ''friperies'', walking into a little treasure of a store, called Eva B.

Came home to my coloc's girlfriend playing accordion in the kitchen.  They were just hanging out, him sowing, her playing music.
I love my life.




Looks a bit like a mosque, but I'm told it's
an orthodox church...



No comments:

Post a Comment