About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Friday, May 13, 2011

my arm screaming

I don't know how it happened but I injured my right arm pretty badly.  Perhaps it's a bruised radius, perhaps I've pulled a muscle, all I know is that it hurts like hell.
So I haven't juggled all week; and i've found myself going lots of emotional places instead.  I've wondered what the message might be.  What is my arm telling me?  To slow down, chill out, take a break from trying to do so many things?  To acknowledge the body's fragility, and its limitations?  What would it mean to depend on my physical abilities to make a living?
And I think of drama therapy.  And I think of where to be.
I've been taking a stand-up comedy class, and it's making me a bit depressed!  It's hard, to tell your honnest opinion of the world we live in and make it funny.  I mean, that's why I do these things, clowning and all, it's for that very reason: so I can develop a sense of humor about myself and the world.  It's the ultimate wisdom; I'm not there yet.  And I'm okay with staying on this path for a lifetime, I don't think I can turn back now.  I see something there and I just can't shy away now.  So I'm gonna keep observing the judgments I make.  I'm gonna get real good at noticing them, and then I'll play with them and twist them around and pepper them with absurdism(!) until I can laugh at what's going on around me.
It's a wonderful journey.  It's difficult, and often I lose step to find myself in that crazy mind-whirl, which is starting to get familiar.  You see that's the trick: familiarize yourself with your thoughts patterns.  Then you may take a step back.  Then you may avoid the storm.  Then you may remember to listen to what the heart has to say.
The heart knows.
That's what I'm working with these days.
That, and a lot of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment