About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

going to work in Utopia

I am leaving Marseille in a few hour.  I'm getting a ride to Nice, with Olivier from covoiturage.fr .  From Nice, I'll get a train to Ventimiglia, which is on the boarder of Italy.  Then, I will catch a local bus that will bring me closer to where I am to stay for the next six days: Torri Supperiore.
Torri Superiore is a small ecovillage that is home to twenty permanent resident and open to non-resident to come and learn about different aspects of sustainable living, i.e. permaculture, bio-fuels, green buildings, consensus leadership, etc.
Dating from the 13th century, the village consists of three main buildings with over 160 vaulted rooms, all linked by an intricate labyrinth of stairways and terraces. Its complex and fascinating structure has been compared to a labyrinth or fortress, built on the side of the mountain.
I am so excited!  Yes, I get to experience utopia for a week.  But most of all, I am impatient to... work!  I've been roaming the continent for two months like this, working almost exclusively from my brains, writing several hours a day.  But I haven't sweated so much, I haven't done much physical work, I haven't seen the fruits of my labor and how it is useful, in a concrete, material way.
So there I go...

I'll be in touch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment