About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Morgen in the Web

I wake up on a couch, in some living room in Neukolln, Berlin.  There is a couple laying on the floor next to me.  These are friends of my hosts; they come from Switzerland.
I walk to the kitchen area, greet the girls around the table, and seek the bag of croissants I "scavenged" from a closing Turkish backerei last night.  "Would anyone like a croissant?" I offer.  Instead, T. actually offers me leftovers from her oatmeal breakfast!
I take it, of course.  It's first thing in the morning and my heart is already smiling.  But not only is it because I recognize that I am - once more (there's the sushi story I haven't had a chance to write about!) - blessed with free food, but on top of that, it's because oatmeal was very much my everyday breakfast during this past season in beloved San Francisco.  A little bit of home:  Earthy oats with apples and bananas and nuts and Ich-weiss-nichts... in a bowl.
We chat briefly and people gradually, slowly - in somewhat of an aimless manner- start to pack up for school, or work.
(I'm not sure how it works, but a lot of the people I know do not seem to have a set schedule.  I could be wrong.)
I am now alone in the dining room.  I cleaned up a bit, as a token of my appreciation and gratefulness.  I must say: this communal flat is not particularly free of dirty dishes and empty bottles and cigarettes packs laying around everywhere!  Funny how my standards change so much when I'm not in my own apartment!  (Sinem, you know what I mean! hehe)
I finish my coffee and perform my (almost) daily ritual: logging onto the world wide web.  On the front page of BBC.news I scan the headlines  (Neil, I took up after your good example) and set my mind on the one with the most general statement: "ILO: World Economy on Verge of Recession".
It's first thing in the morning.  This is the world I live in.  I breathe, and cannot help but thread the blog I wrote last night with what I am now having to consider.

What does it mean?

"We are all going to stay."
(I thought it said: "We stay/live together.")

Berlin Mauer, East Side Gallery


No comments:

Post a Comment