About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

This is the Point, dot dot dot

After writing my morning blog today I went out to meet up with Lynn.  It was ten o'clock, and a glorious september sun bathed the Mission district.  I walked to Ritual Cafe, sat on a stoop outside, and took out my book: "Learn German the Fast and Easy Way."  You see, I studied German for about six years already, and I've been pleased to find that it is coming back to me fairly rapidly!
Lynn arrived and I suggested we go to Arizmendi Bakery instead, because I love their products, and their ethics.  (It is workers owned).  We caught up a little bit, "what's up with you?" "How are things?"  "How have you been?"  Our conversation quickly led to ponderings on relationship, sexuality, gender, and intimacy.  Lynn is a marvelous being, a noble man.  He's going to be a great teacher.  I am infinitely grateful that our paths have crossed, for I have grown and I am a better person having met him.

You see, it's these relationships that I am "leaving behind."  It's things like that that break my heart...
I was meeting Claire's grandma in front of pre-school, for pick-up, and had invited Lynn to meet my little friend.  Grandma invited him for lunch, and we ended up sitting at Barney's in Noe Valley, with Claire's grandfather, AT, also joining us.  The thing is, both AT and Lynn are history teachers at the high school level, and both have an interest in policy and the way history is taught.  Lynn has studied a lot about "The Harlem Renaissance", and AT possesses the largest collection of Jazz I have ever seen!  I was sure the two would hit it off.

There was a theme today.
What form does it take?  What is the point of my blog?  How does one present, or "sell" one's self?  Here we are, looking for employment as teachers, and as artists.  How does one focus and convey one's intention?
My mission statement: To be a mirror.  To reflect.

This blog might seem like an mere outlet for the ceaseless musings (didn't I call it as such?) of one individual in three millions.  This blog might seem hopelessly idiosyncratic, and amorphous... somewhat scattered.. I call it windy.
I would love to see it take a more pointed direction, a more concise function, a more defined reason.  I would love "finding a niche", reach a specific group of readers, answering that one specific set of questions.
But it has been my belief for a long time now, that the world needs a dose of tumult, of unreason, of anti-linearity, of ex-pression.
Yes, my blog is subjective.  I am a Nietzschean after all, having undeniably unconsciously created my own appropriation.
So while a part of me wants to offer more of a "package", I'm obviously struggling to convey another conviction...


That the form is content.

The form is content.

And after work I played soccer in the backyard with a nine year old boy and his father Victor.  We juggled, we chatted; we had a sweet connection.
Then I mounted my bike and found my way to Lara's Art Opening, at a neat tapas restaurant on Bryant and 21st street.  Lara's work is phenomenal.  It's more than paintings, it's a full-on revolution!  Here is the Artist statement she posted on her website:



I am a visionary with a great mission: to inspire people to follow their dreams.
My Art is made intuitively. I go through a process of coming down from my head into my heart with the intention of meeting myself, the moment and the unknown, to allow my feelings to lead the way. 
I intend to create images that will provoke a sense of wonder and strong emotional release in the viewer. 


Amongst the people present, a woman by the name of Stefunny.  She has left a book on the table we are sharing; it's a classic: "The Ethical Slut".  She is talking about some neurobiological studies, and about the way in which institutionalized (my word) monogamy is more damaging to our society than we think. According to her - and I have to say that I agree - "monogamy imposes limitation on our creativity and our potential for evolution.  It is perhaps ultimately undesirable, because it is unsustainable."
"But it takes a certain kind of awareness to live out a polyamorous lifestyle," I suggest.
"Yes, polyamory is difficult, it requires effort, and self-love, and honnesty," she follows, "and that's why I wanna assist people in developing this awareness."
The Heart is the Crucible

This is the point.  Perhaps... All that's "mono" is unsustainable.  It's unrealistic, dishonest, obsolete.
I want to love it all.
I want to grow within this web.
I want to inter-connect



I want to write a blog that inspires by reflecting just that.
I want to remember this magic.
I want to be a messenger and a conduit for this revolution I've been witnessing here, on the left coast of Amerika.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, Ev. Everytime I read i got this hippie-foreign-californian feeling. And I miss the september sun in San Francisco.

    Miss ya.

    Caue

    ReplyDelete