About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Friday, September 9, 2011

mission (un)bound

Last night I crashed on the couch of what was my apartment a year ago.  I'm back in the Mission for a few days,  so I can soak up the love from my good friend Jeremy; so I can further the transition within the transition, walk forward while revisiting my past, as in a Great Spiral.  Last night I slept on my first couch of this journey.
My plans for Germany are beginning to take shape.
I'm landing in Frankfurt in eleven days!  I have a few prospective hosts there, from couchsurfing.com.  There's a young, seemingly cynical, Spaniard, who's a diabolo juggler, there's a musician from Israel who says he likes kazoos, and a Carioca girl who likes to dance a lot.
Part of me feels rather overwhelmed at the thought of floating around for the next three months.  I would like to have some ground, buy groceries for a week, take my clothes out of my backpack.  I would like to have a space where I can encounter myself alone, and light a candle.  But the way things are looking so far, it is not gonna happen for the first two or three weeks of my trip.  I'll be spending two nights here, one night there, and another three nights over there...
Yet another part of me finally spoke up last night: these people I'll meet are also my mirrors! Isn't this what I wanted?  A pilgrimage, an encounter between God and I?  This is happening!
So my plan is to spend one night in Frankfurt before heading towards Darmstadt, which is apparently only fifteen minutes south.  A friend from PCC lives there.  We got along very well when we studied together, and now I get to meet with him in his homeland!  I can only imagine the conversations we'll have: Germany, San Francisco, Philosophy-Cosmology-and Consciousness... It should keep us awake for some days!
Then I'm going to Berlin for September the 24th.  I'll be meeting with Harvey there and taking a one-day clown/mime/theater workshop at the Theaterhaus Mitte!  It should be good!

So that's... the next two weeks.. not even in a nutshell, 'cuz there's much more nuts beneath the shell!

No comments:

Post a Comment