About this clown

My photo
I often feel that we're all spinning slowly... like a mirror ball. Yes, we are all mirrors to each other. And so, it is the Light between us that I hope to help reveal and celebrate. /// J'ai souvent l'impression que nous sommes une boule disco qui tourne lentement. Nous sommes tous des miroirs pour les uns les autres. C'est donc la lumière qu'il y a entre nous que j'espère contribuer à souligner et à célébrer.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Plantary! (fascitis)

I'm being torn
I'm tearing myself

Yesterday I played basketball with a bunch of men in Dolores Park.  I held my own, I sweated a bit; it was all good.  Except that I was not wearing my running shoes.  I was wearing my dancing shoes, Natalie's bright turquoise and fushia adidas, and they are a tiny big for me.
I have to admit to myself, that I knew I was taking a chance, but I thought: "rough it up Ev...  Many people in the world don't have perfectly fitted shoes to do whatever they do... Just tie 'em laces up real' good, and be careful."  Well... I played two games, and in the end I did injure myself.  I didn't sprain my ankle, and I didn't bust a finger or anything.  It's an old injury, a familiar pain, that sneaked up on me...
By the evening I was limping.
I woke up this morning, unable to put any weight on my right foot!

SHIT!
What have I done?!  I'm leaving for Germany in a week!  I was gonna train with the Flying Actor Studio all of this week!!  I was gonna go reggae dancing tonight!!!
Perhaps this is "precisely" the message, uh?
I don't know about "precisely" in fact.  I mean...
I have been running in a dozen directions.  I've been under stress, dealing with a hundred emotions, holding on to the last moments I can have with my friends.
I've been a restless hummingbird,
flapping my wings,
the rhythm of my heartbeat
frantic

Today I'm walking with crutches.
I swear I do wanna slow down.  I don't know how to handle the energies that run through my body; they are my emotions I guess.  And I have learned to let them move through my body, to exercise to exorcise.  It has been my salvation, I'd say.  I poured my passions into soccer, it's true.  The rage and anxieties,  the desires and the fears, the questions; I got to "use"these energies, to channel them, to... discharge.
And I realize that I do the same today.  I find that moving is a great way to be with my emotions... (although now it's principally through dancing.)

It's just that perhaps I push too far too fast, sometimes.  That's probably why/how I get injured.  It has happened a few times recently - first with my arm, and now with my foot!
I gotta admit that I'm somewhat angry and disappointed in myself for not picking up on my body's signals.  I am aware that some people believe that the physical has nothing to do with the psycho-emotional.  But really?  There has never been a doubt in my mind about the inter-relatedness of body and mind.  (So I'm not even going to go into it!)
Yet I wonder.  Why me?!  Why now?!

Meanwhile, I spent a marvelous today, in the East Bay, with two wonderful women, whom I love tremendously.  We ate a breakfast of garden vegetables and poached eggs, outside in the yard.   We talked, and shared, and laughed.
Everything is perfect.
It's going to be nice to slow down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment